Help! I Need to Sell My House Fast London
I need to sell my house fast in London!
There are any number of reasons why a quick sale makes sense for your personal and/or financial situations. You could need to relocate on a tight timeline for work or to care for a family member who is ill or incapacitated. You may be facing repossession and want to avoid the stress – and the stain on your credit report. You might be in danger of falling into arrears, struggling with a job loss, or reduction in income… Whatever the case, the bottom line is that you need to sell, and you need to sell now.
How do you do it?
Selling Your House Fast
You could put your house on the market yourself or through an estate agent and hope that you have an offer straight away. This is assuming your house is in “buyer-ready” condition, that they have proper financing in place and that all goes to plan.
There is a lot of wiggle room and too much hoping in that equation for it to be a viable plan to sell your house quickly. There’s also a matter of the market; while we saw a period where it was blazing hot, it is cooling, even in London. When you are in a time crunch, there is no way to control the market!
What can you do then?
You have some options. If you have an interested buyer in mind (a friend, a neighbor, a child, a parent, etc.), you can sell it yourself relatively quickly. You can also:
Drop Your Asking Price to about 90% of Market Value
Determining the value of your house (or entrusting this to an estate agent) is the first step. Next, see what comparable homes in your area are listing and selling for. When you arrive at an asking price, drop it to about 90% of that market value. Why?
Doing so will set your house apart from the competition. You may even attract several offers quickly and start a bidding war.
Again, though, there are a lot of variables at play. What’s the state of the market? How quickly do you need to move? Can you wait through the viewings, valuations, surveys, offers, negotiations, and contracts…. And on and on. And can you pay to clean, declutter, repair, renovate and stage your home? Can you pay estate agent fees and solicitors fees?
This may be a quicker option than just waiting for your asking price – but it’s not the quickest or the least pricey.
Work with Cash Property Buyers to Sell your house fast
When you work with a cash house buyer, you are on the fast track to a quick sale. How does it work? Let’s look at a brief overview of the process:
- You submit a simple internet form indicating your desire to sell your house.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an initial offer, also called an “offer in principle.”
- Decide whether this offer is acceptable to you and if you want to proceed.
- If so, the property buyers will instruct valuations experts to examine the property.
- Upon receiving these reports, the buyers will extend a formal offer.
- Again, you decide if the offer is agreeable. If so, continue on.
- From here, the property buyers take care of the legal aspects of a sale, such as instructing conveyancing solicitors, ironing out contracts, and establishing a date for completion.
- At completion, you hand over your keys, and the property buyers hand over the money! (Actually, it will be directly deposited into your bank account – but you have immediate and full access to these funds.)
All of this occurs in about three to four weeks.
You should be aware that house buyers typically offer between 75% and 80% of the market value. Weigh this against the fees and expenses that you are not burdened with (estate agents, solicitors, valuations experts, and so on).
You can also sell your house in as-is condition, so you do not have to shoulder the financial burden of making repairs and upgrades. You can just focus on planning your next moves.
Sell my house fast London
When you need to sell quickly, working with property buyers may be the solution for which you have been searching.